So this is a recipe that I made up using fridge treasures. It’s a great side salad for any dish, but is also tasty enough to pack for lunch the next day. I call this salad the subway salad because to me it tastes exactly like my favourite sub!
· 1 bag of mixed lettuce
· Half a red onion diced
· 2 medium carrots, grated
· A handful of mozzarella cheese, grated
· 3 tomatoes wedged
· (and the secret ingredient) 3 large pickles diced
For the Dressing (Sub ranch)
· 1 half a cup of thick olive oil
· 1 teaspoon of salt
· 1 teaspoon of pepper
· 1 table spoon of mayonnaise
· 1 table spoon red wine vinegar
· 1 table spoon of mustard (English)
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, mayo and mustard. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together lettuce, red onion, carrot, cheese, pickles and tomatoes toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy! And just a little tip- add the dressing before serving- you don’t want to end up with a salad soup!