Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Paris when it sizzles!

When I was growing up I remember watching movies about Paris and thinking I would never probably get to see the Eiffel tower in person. It is one of those things when you are from Australia it seams so far away. I was lucky enough to visit paris this year with my sister. To be honest I built up Paris so much that I was disappointed when I first arrived. I thought it would be magical and romantic, when realistically it was dirty and the metro smelled of urine.

Once I had gotten over the fact that Paris wasn’t what I thought it would be I finally opened my eyes and appreciated it for what it was. Grimy and beautiful in it’s own way. You have to admire the French. They are rude and will not speak English to you until you at least attempt to speak French to them. I had to admit my French was terrible, but it didn’t matter because after a few red wines I could speak to anyone!

My favourite thing about paris were the late night walks that Elena and I did. After a full day of shopping and sight seeing we were exhausted. So we would often go back to the hotel and have a rest. By the time we woke we were hungry. Not because we haven’t eaten anything all day- but because we were hungry to try new cuisines! So after our nightly lavish meal we walked up the famous scène river. It was close to mid night and I have to say Paris is most beautiful at night. It is the city of lights indeed!

After a week in paris my friend, boyfriend, flatmate and his girlfriend had arrived for the weekend. The first night we went out for dinner for a  extravagant  traditional French meal. Three of the group were vegetarian so it was fun to watch them order the onion soup followed by pasta. While us three meat eaters indulged in Foie gras and a beautifully cooked steak with potato dauphinoise, who missed out there!

I will never forget my week in Paris. Until then I will dream about going back and midnight walking down the famous scène.
My love <3

The gang

Moulin Rouge

Champs elysees


Avenue des Champs Elysees





Food market Cambronne

No comments:

Post a Comment