Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cantina with a side of Vibe

This weekend actually turned out to be one of those random go with the flow weekends. I stepped out of my little comfort box and met up with a girl I met randomly through another friend a week before. Back home you have a comfortable group of friends that you meet up with every weekend that you’ve known for years, and even the people you see out you’ve most likely seen around town. This is why I love London at times you feel completely invisible and unknown. To my surprise people in London also have there own groups of friends and rarely cross over to meet up with new people. Being a traveller you’re almost forced to talk to people and make new friends as soon as you can.
I’m glad I made the effort to meet up with Casha for her birthday because it turned out to be such a fun refreshing night out with new people. We started at Cantina Burlesque extravaganza on Southbank. These performers were psycho! The things that they could do with their body was insane!!! I highly recommend making the trip and watching the hour long show!







We then made the Journey to Bricklane (on the other side of the city). Bricklane has a high energy/grunge vibe to it. You almost feel like you’re on the streets of India, with restaurant workers standing out the front yelling ‘I get you a good price for a curry’. We stumbled into Vibe bar at the end of the street and sat outside with a group of friends. Vibe has a warehouse/house party vibe to it, with the confused music selection it was like every one was fighting to play there fav song. To be honest it almost felt like they were trying to hard to be so chilled- and it attracted a crowd that also were trying a bit to hard to be alternate. If I wanted to hang around a bunch of indies I’d head to Camden thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment